Thank you for your interest in Eagle Agency. You are just a few steps away from gaining access to four premier personal lines markets. Eagle Company Partners are Travelers, MetLife Auto and Home and Progressive.
What is Eagle Agency?
Eagle Agency is an independent agency operated by the Big “I.” It is an exclusive personal lines benefit for Big “I” members. As an Eagle Agent you maximize independence by choosing either to be appointed to sub-produce policies or just simply submit personal lines business on the Big I Markets website for quote and issue as needed. For both options the Eagle Company Partners are the same: Travelers, MetLife Auto and Home and Progressive. If you choose appointment there is a minimum required two (2) new lines policies a month for each Company. If you are not sure the Agency can commit to two new line policies a month, choose Eagle Express. There is no minimum per month policy requirement with Eagle Express.
Is there a membership cost?
Yes, there is a one time, non-refundable fee of $100. The fee is collected your state association.
Who should apply for Eagle?
Anyone with prior insurance industry experience as an independent agent, captive agent, direct writer, company underwriter or personnel or claims representative. If you are thinking about becoming an independent agent or are an agent relatively newly in business, Eagle Agency can be an especially good fit for you.
Eagle Agency Submission and Appointment Requirements:
We work closely with carriers to qualify prospective Eagle agents. To be considered for an Eagle appointment, you must be a member in good standing of your Big "I" state association. The candidate will also provide:
- Business Plan
- Agency principal’s resume
- Copy of Errors and Omissions Declaration with a minimum of $1,000,000
- *Agency License
- Agent License(s)
- If you are a current agent, production loss reports from the top three personal lines carriers
- Core Business Requirements:
- Active membership with your Big “I” State Association
- Hold valid Property/Casualty Licenses
- Maintain Errors and Omission coverage with at least a minimum limit of $1,000,000
- Computer with Microsoft Windows based operating system (sorry, Eagle automation is not compatible with Mac)
*Certain agency ownerships do not require an agency license. Check with your state.