Part 2 – E-Signatures—The Vendor Angle
Interest in and discussion of electronic signature functionality is on the rise. Greater producer and customer mobility, technology-driven geographic agency market expansion, the quest for efficiency gains and, of course, increased customer expectations are fueling increased attention.
We’re clearly making headway in the adoption of e-signatures. Carriers are getting on board. Agents and brokers are implementing tools from third-party vendors. And agency management system providers are integrating e-signature capabilities.
Here are integrations we’re aware of:
· Xanatek has partnered with InsureSign to offer XanaSign, an e-signature functionality that allows its software users to serve their customers anywhere, anytime.
· Vertafore penned a deal to make DocuSign’s e-signature solution widely available from within its Vertafore Agency Platform, AMS360 Online and, later this year, Sagitta suite of products.
· Strategic Insurance Software (SIS) offers Outlook integration with RPost in its management system, and offers information on its website about e-signature providers DocuSign and Silanis.
· QQ Solutions, as part of their “making life easier” philosophy for its customers, has partnered with e-signature provider InsureSign for QQCatalyst, QQ’s cloud-based system allowing for an easier and more accelerated workflow.
· North American Software Associates (NASA) offers integration with RPost for both e-signature and encrypted e-mail within its Eclipse agency management system.
· EZLynx eSignature by AssureSign offers a safe and secure way to send electronic documents for signature directly from the EZLynx agency management system and rating engine.
· Applied Systems has teamed up with RPost to expand on the third-party vendor’s e-mail delivery proof and encryption services and integrate e-signature functionality for users.
Obviously, new integrations are emerging frequently.
Agents and brokers should check with their management system vendors and also explore our information resources. For example, ACT member CSIO has put together an overview of e-signatures and a useful Dashboard with info from vendors in its market, including Adobe EchoSign, Right Signature, Sertifi, Signority, e-SignLive by Silanis, TELUS Secure Contracts and Xenex SignatureMaster. Also, in a two-part article, Using Electronic Signatures in Your Agency, Steve Anderson addresses e-signatures and shares info on vendors, including some mentioned above, as well as Adobe EchoSign, ContractPal, GoPaperless Solutions, and Right Signature.
Big “I” agencies may want to explore special DocuSign member pricing.
Look for the final part of this series, focusing on agents, in the next couple of weeks. The first part of this series, which addresses Carrier issues, can be found by clicking here.