Part 2 – E-Signatures—The Vendor Angle
Interest in and discussion of electronic signature functionality is on the rise. Greater producer and customer mobility, technology-driven geographic agency market expansion, the quest for efficiency gains and, of course, increased customer expectations are fueling increased attention.
We’re clearly making headway in the adoption of e-signatures. Carriers are getting on board. Agents and brokers are implementing tools from third-party vendors. And agency management system providers are integrating e-signature capabilities.
Here are integrations we’re aware of:
· Xanatek has partnered with InsureSign to offer XanaSign, an e-signature functionality that allows its IMS system users to serve their customers anywhere, anytime.
· Vertafore has integrated DocuSign’s e-signature solution available from within its Vertafore Agency Platform, AMS360 Online and Sagitta suite of products.
· Strategic Insurance Software (SIS) offers Outlook integration with RPost in its management system, and offers information on its website about e-signature providers DocuSign and Silanis.
· QQ Solutions, as part of their “making life easier” philosophy for its customers, has partnered with e-signature provider InsureSign for QQCatalyst, QQ’s cloud-based system allowing for an easier and more accelerated workflow. QQSolutions is also working on an integration with HelloSign for secure, flexible workflow solution for agents.
· North American Software Associates (NASA) offers integration with RPost for both e-signature and encrypted e-mail within its Eclipse agency management system.
· EZLynx eSignature by AssureSign offers a safe and secure way to send electronic documents for signature directly from the EZLynx agency management system and rating engine.
· Applied Systems has teamed up with RPost to expand on the third-party vendor’s e-mail delivery proof and encryption services and integrate e-signature functionality for users. Applied also now offers integration with Citrix's RightSignature to improve productivity by automating paperless delivery of document via eSignature capabilities directly into the management system.
Clearly, new integrations are emerging frequently.
Big “I” agencies may want to explore special DocuSign member pricing.
And when you’re looking at possible solutions, consider using the checklist shared by ACT eSignature Work Group Co-Chair Joyce Sigler in a November 2013 Rough Notes magazine article on eSignatures.
For additinal information, please review final part of this series, focusing on Agent and Broker Resources. The first part of this series which addresses Carrier issues, can be found by clicking here.
Information updated as of 03/31/16.