Become a Best Practices Agency
Since 1993 the Best Practices Study has examined top performing agencies across the country. For these agencies, inclusion provides the prestigious status of "Best Practices Agency" and opens the doors to many benefits.
The purpose of the research is to compile the operating statistics of the country's leading agents and brokers. This is provided to the industry to provide benchmarks, operational information on growth, profitability, productivity and financial stability.
Understand the Process
- Once every three years the Big "I" requests agency nominations from state association and company partners. The next nomination cycle begin at the end of 2018 and new agencies will be announced in 2019.
- Nominated agencies are invited to participate.
- Agencies that choose to participate submit detailed financial and operational information which is scored and ranked objectively. Responses to management and industry-related questions also requested with data.
- The top agencies in the six revenue categories are included, notified and deemed "Best Practices Agencies."
- Best Practices Agency names released to the industry
- The Study results are released annually. For the 2016 cycle: 2016, 2017, 2018. For the 2019 cycle: 2019, 2020, 2021.
- To retain status, each agency must submit year-end results each year. There is no other commitment.
Be Ready To Participate
- Know Where You Stand. Review the current study results and complete the "Comparison Spreadsheet."
- Purchase the current study for the narrative and detail on how Best Practices Agencies acheieved their results and then benchmark.
- Self Nominate: A self nomination form will be made available in 2018.
Reap the Benefits
- All agencies that are nominated and submit their agency data receive an Agency Performance Analysis from Reagan Consulting. (A $495 value.)
- Invitation to the exclusive Best Practices Symposium
- National exposure through ads in trade publications
- Wall plaque and color copy of the media ad indicating your agency with "Best Practices Agency" status
- Receive a media kit to announce status to clients, carriers, community, including a "Best Practices Agency" logo
Press Play and Hear
Best Practices Agents
Tell Their Story.