The Big "I" National Young Agents Committee (YAC) encourages young agents – those under 40 years of age or with less than 5 years experience in the industry – to become aware of and get involved in the activities and programs of the Independent Insurance Agents & Brokers of America (the Big "I").
It’s a Wrap
2013 Big “I” Young Agents Leadership Institute
Thank you so much for attending the 2013 Big “I” Young Agents Leadership Institute. We hope you were as happy with the event as we were.
Here are some top take-a-ways to share with your fearless state association and agency leaders.
Young Agents at the Big “I” Young Agents Leadership Institute achieved the following:
- Raised issues important not only to young leaders, but Big “I” members, with the Big “I” Executive Committee.
- Networked with national carrier representatives including YAC Platinum sponsors: Allied Insurance, Chubb, State Auto, The Hartford, Hartford Steam Boiler, Progressive, Liberty Mutual, Safeco, Harleysville, CNA, MetLife, Travelers, Foremost, Westfield and WR Berkley.
- Heard the perspectives of leading carrier executives on communications, the economy and politics.
- Learned that answering customer questions online, using their terminology, will lead to more business--courtesy of the logical strategies delivered by keynote Marcus Sheridan.
- Connected or not connected is an important demographic when communicating with consumers—Ryan Hanley. marketing to the connected generation.pdf
- Benefited from hot-off-the-presses data from ComScore on consumer expectations and effective ad buys in the insurance world--consumers still prefer to shop online, but buy through a real-life agent. Great news for Trusted Choice independent agents. comScore.pptx
- Discovered new Best Practices and an understanding of how the best agencies are achieving organic growth.
- Found our inner leader via the Caliper assessment and leadership seminar. Reagan-Lukens.pptx
Please take a moment to complete a brief survey
about the event—we value your feedback and want to make next year’s event even better!
Susie Bonner, CAE
Big “I” Director Agent Development & Marketing
P.S. Shout out to Ryan Teubner
for being the biggest Twitter contributor to #BigIYALI.