Homeowners and Additional Insureds

An increasingly common "Ask an Expert" question we receive has to do with organizations wanting certificates of insurance or worse -- to be named as additional insureds -- on a homeowner's policy. The most common question involves an HO insured using or renting a facility owned by a church, civic organization or municipality. In this article, we'll examine the entire AI issue from a homeowners insurance perspective, including what you can and can't do to comply with these requests.

Big ‘I” members and VU subscribers must be logged in to view all the content on this page.