3 Keys to Getting the Named Insured Correct
Christopher J. Boggs, CPCU, ARM, ALCM, LPCS, AAI, APA, CWCA, CRIS, AINS
February 6, 2019
1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. Eastern Time
Big "I" Members: $79
CE available in some states (approved states list at right).
Before any claim is paid, status as an “insured” must exist. Is the person or entity suffering or causing loss, injury or damage an insured? If the answer is “no,” there is no need to go any further. If “insured” status does not exist, all your hard work is wasted; no one will ever find out how good you are at designing coverage – because you messed up at the beginning.
If you mess this up, you will have a ticked off insured and maybe an E&O claim you never expected. You have to get this one detail – the named insured – correct.
Participants in this class will be able to:
• Identify improperly named insureds;
• Understand the amount of protection extended to an insured;
• Describe the technical difference between a “DBA” and a “TA";
• Explain why one “person” can't do business/trade as another “person"; and
• Properly manage multiple named insureds.
All 2-hour Big “I" Virtual University webinars include access to the live session, a link to the post-event on-demand recording available to you 24/7, and a transcript, a valuable and value-added reference tool.
Please check back for updates.