Big "I" Members: $39
One (1) CE credit approved in select states (approved states at right).
See below for all session dates and times.
Please note this is a 1-hour CE course.
Because the unit owner's coverage must dovetail seamlessly with the association's coverage, the same information is required for both parties regardless which person or entity is the agent's client. Every agent writing either a unit owner OR a condominium association must have:
- A copy of the association's declarations and covenants, conditions and restrictions (CCRs);
- A copy of the applicable state statute;
- An official letter documenting the unit's boundaries and detailing who is responsible for insuring which property; and
- A verifiable or signed property valuation.
Having this information allows the agent to answer the three KEY questions when analyzing and placing coverage for either a unit owner OR a condominium association:
- Who "owns" what property?
- What value applies to the owned property? (And what should be used?)
- Who is liable for bodily injury and/or property damage?
Not knowing, or just guessing, the answers to these three questions can leave gaping holes in coverage. The unit owner, the association, or both may be vastly underinsured.
This part of the session allows agents to crack the condominium conundrum, allowing them to figure out how to properly write coverage for the unit owner AND/OR the association. In this webinar we show attendees how to answer the three key questions while at the same time revealing:
- Three levels of associational responsibility (and, thus, the unit owner's responsibility);
- Four real property" definitions unique to condominiums;
- How to properly extend real property coverage for the unit owner;
- How an NFIP policy muddies the water (so to speak); and
- Various valuation methods potentially applicable to associations.
|2020 WEBINAR DATES ||START TIME|
|Wednesday||August 26, 2020||1:00 PM Eastern|
|Thursday||August 27, 2020||1:00 PM Eastern|
|Wednesday||September 2, 2020||1:30 PM Eastern|
|Thursday||September 24, 2020||1:00 PM Eastern|
|Friday||September 25, 2020||1:00 PM Eastern|
|Tuesday||October 13, 2020||3:00 PM Eastern|
|Monday||October 26, 2020||1:00 PM Eastern|
|Tuesday||October 27, 2020||1:00 PM Eastern|
|Tuesday||November 17, 2020||1:00 PM Eastern|
|Wednesday||November 18, 2020||1:00 PM Eastern|
|Monday||December 14, 2020||1:00 PM Eastern|
|Tuesday||December 15, 2020||1:00 PM Eastern|
|Wednesday||December 16, 2020||1:00 PM Eastern|
|Thursday||December 17, 2020||1:00 PM Eastern|
|Friday||December 18, 2020||1:00 PM Eastern|
Your instructor for this webinar is Big "I" Executive Director of Risk Management & Education, Christopher J. Boggs, CPCU, ARM, ALCM, LPCS, AAI, APA, CWCA, CRIS, AINS.
All 1-hour Big I" Virtual University CE webinars include access to the live event, a link to the post-event on-demand recording available to you 24/7, and a transcript, a valuable and value-added reference tool.