$500 Scholarships for Young Agents
The Big I" National Young Agents Committee offers each state association two $500 scholarships to help Young Agents attend the Big I" Legislative Conference for the first time.
- Email your completed application form to your state association by April 1, 2019.
- Applications will NOT be accepted at the national office.
- Your state association determines who receives a scholarship.
- Scholarships are paid to the order of the state association post-conference.
State Association Executives:
- By April 5, 2019, email the forms for your state's two YA scholarship recipients to email@example.com.
- Scholarship funds will be paid to your state association post-conference.
2019 $500 YOUNG AGENT FIRST-TIME ATTENDEE SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION
$1,000 Maurice Herndon Scholarship
The $1,000 Maurice Herndon Scholarship will be presented to ONE young agent who has not attended a National Legislative Conference in the past to help defray the costs of attending the Big "I" Legislative Conference. The Young Agent recipient will receive the scholarship check after the event. Deadline for submissions is April 1, 2019.
This scholarship was established in 2003 to honor Maurice Herndon who was named head of the Big I" National's Washington, D.C. office in 1949. He coordinated the Big I" state associations and built the government affairs and grassroots operations via his extensive travel, education, passion, and hard work. His impact on the industry is immeasurable and he will be remembered by the Big I" family as a true legend.
2019 $1,000 MAURICE HERNDON SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION