Where do you turn to cover the architects in your community? Did you know you have access to comprehensive professional liability coverage for architects, engineers and surveyors through Big "I" Markets?
CBIC Design Professionals Insurance, an RLI Company, provides comprehensive professional liability coverage for architects, engineers and surveyors. CBIC's extensive knowledge of the professional services and construction industries means that when you work with a CBIC underwriter, risk manager or claim manager, you're speaking with an industry veteran who has both the expertise to understand a firm's needs and the decision-making authority to get the job done.
Policy features include:
- Defendants' reimbursement of expenses: $500 per day, subject to a $12,500 maximum
- ADA/FHA/OSHA regulatory or administrative action reimbursement: $30,000 per policy period
- Free pre-claims assistance
- Disciplinary proceedings reimbursement: $5,000 per proceeding
- Definition of "Insured Person" that includes temporary, leased personnel and retired personnel
- Predecessor firm coverage, including joint ventures
- Worldwide coverage
- Liberalization clause
- Blanket waiver of subrogation provision
- Punitive damages extension where allowable by law
- Deductible mediation credit of 50%, subject to a $12,500 maximum
- Automatic 90-day coverage for acquired or merged entities
- Five-year extended reporting period
- Innocent insured provision
- Consent to settlement provision: 50/50 co-share between "Insured" and "Insurer"
- 60-day automatic extended discovery period
- Automatic excess coverage for separately insured projects
- Management Pack Enhancement endorsement (directors & officers, fiduciary and employment practices liability coverages)
- High Self-Insured Retention Program (Top & Drop)
Learn more by logging into Big "I" Markets and selecting Architects & Engineers Professional Liability by CBIC an RLI Company from the commercial products menu.