The value of giving back to the community is priceless. Working with a charity by volunteering, donating, fundraising or collecting items will grow your agency's network in the community you serve.
Incorporating community service into your organization's culture creates a fun, team environment that makes a difference beyond your office and clients—and it just feels good.
Here are five easy ways to give back during the GIVE Movement, to take place June 1-8:
1) Collect money. Find an organization to donate to and have a collection jar in your reception area or kitchen. Offer staff dress-down days for each donation and share your progress on your agency's social media.
2) Volunteer. Give time to a charity that's important to you. If you have the flexibility, turn it into a staff or community team-building activity.
3) Sign up for a fun run. A quick Google search for “fun run near me" will pull up family-friendly runs that often raise funds or awareness for a great cause.
4) Be a community collection site. This is so easy and can be a great opportunity to get to know neighbors! Partner with a charity to be a collection site for items in need. Publicize it in your community and ask the charity to share your location and hours with their supporters. Pro tip: Create a public Amazon Wish List to make it easy to find specific items.
5) Share the Make-A-Wish fundraiser. Your Big “I" national Young Agents Committee members have formed regional teams for Make-A-Wish®. Donations go to the donor's regional Make-A-Wish chapter and Trusted Choice®. The Young Agents will present $2,500 to the chapter with the most donations and $2,500 to the chapter with the most funds raised. Find your team and start sharing today!
Joe Hamilton of Hal Rakowski Insurance Agency in California
Jared Blackwood of Bain Agency, Inc. in North Dakota
Jana Schellin Foster of Nevada Insurance Agency in Nevada
Robbie Moore of Blanchard & Calhoun Insurance Agency in Georgia
Caroline Pintabone of Ahart, Frinzi & Smith in New Jersey
States: CT, DC, DE, MA, ME, MD, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VA and VT
Caroline's Make-A-Wish® Fundraiser donation site
You serve your community every day! Please share your activity with the Big “I" Young Agents by completing this form and we'll list you on our national website and social media channels. Check out who's already giving! Also, feel free to use any of our free resources and graphics and don't forget to use #TCagentsgive on social media.
Questions? Contact Susan Bonner, Big “I" director of agent development and marketing.