Did you know that Travelers was the first company to offer error and omissions liability protection to real estate agents and brokers and has done so consistently since 1956?
Travelers First Choice for Real Estate Professionals provides professional liability protection for claims or suits resulting from real estate agent or broker professional services. Coverage is available on admitted paper in all states with the exception of CA, HI and LA. A specimen policy form is available for review by accessing the Product Resources page in Big “I” Markets. Policy features include:
- Bodily injury and property damage resulting from a covered professional service(s)
- Disciplinary proceeding defense expenses reimbursement up to $25,000
- Increased liability limits available for those who qualify
- Defense expenses related to covered claims in additional to the limits of coverage
- Deductible applicable to defense expenses, unless endorsed or not allowed by state
- Option to provide prior acts coverage without a retroactive date limitation, for those who qualify
- Many extended reporting period options, including an unlimited time period endorsement option
- No exclusion for fair-housing discrimination committed in real estate professional services as a real estate agent or broker
- No exclusion for losses resulting from a real estate agent or broker failing to advise a buyer or seller that pollution, fungi and bacteria exists on a property
- No sub-limits for certain types of claims
- Automatic coverage for employees and independent contractors of the insured as protected persons for claims resulting from professional services they perform for the named insured
The central location of the Travelers underwriting and processing office in St. Paul, Minnesota gives you convenient access to a staff of specialists experienced in serving real estate agents and brokers. These experienced professionals will work closely with you to develop the flexible solutions your clients need for the ever-changing real estate environment.
Review Travelers' Real Risks Newsletter and feel free to share it with potential clients to provide them with information regarding real-life scenarios and practical risk management tips. Don’t hesitate to print and distribute the newsletter to your real estate agent contacts, along with an offer to provide a proposal.