Home equipment warranties typically only cover design or manufacturing defects and do not apply to human error in installing, operating or maintaining the equipment. To address this gap in coverage, AIG Private Client Group is pleased to offer Equipment Breakdown and Equipment Breakdown Plus, which can reduce out-of-pocket expenses and minimize the hassles associated with lengthy and disruptive repairs.
Home equipment includes central air conditioning systems, heating, swimming pools, ventilation, emergency generators, well pumps, chair lifts and elevators, home entertainment and computers (available under Equipment Breakdown Plus) and more.
Coverage limits are available to meet your clients’ needs with a deductible separate from a standard home deductible. If a client’s home becomes uninhabitable, AIG can reimburse him or her for related expenses or replace broken equipment with an environmentally friendly, safer or more efficient model.
The Equipment Breakdown and Equipment Breakdown Plus option is part of AIG's Private Client coverage—available for $1 million or more with a minimum of two lines of business.
Additional coverages include:
- Guaranteed replacement cost
- Back-up of sewers and drains (up to dwelling value)
- Business property (up to $25,000)
- Available deductible options (up to $100,000)
- Available primary flood
- Available identity fraud restoration expenses, ATM robbery and financial fraud, embezzlement or forgery
- Available traumatic threat or event recovery
- Available green rebuilding expenses
- Available waiver of deductible on losses more than $50,000
- Replacement cost cash out option
- Lock replacement (no deductible)
- Food spoilage
- Available loss prevention devices following a claim (up to $2,500)
The AIG Private Client Program is available to registered members in all states. Log in to Big "I" Markets and click on “Affluent Program New Business” to learn more.