Removing snow from roofs and parking lots isn’t the most pleasant aspect of a business’s workflow.
During big snowstorms, the Commercial Lessor's Risk product from Fireman's Fund requires timely snow removal throughout a storm rather than afterwards.
Here are some additional tips to keep in mind this winter:
- Clear sidewalks for plows
- Plow areas in front of buildings and overhead doors first
- Keep drains and catch basins clear
- Plow snow during low-traffic hours, staying cautious of cars and people
- Be extremely careful around curbs
- Consider the wind direction when plowing and create piles downwind
- Leave enough room to add later snowfall
- Keep in mind that pile should not:
- Be in the middle of the lot
- Be near the businesses
- Block visibility of traffic into/out of the lot
- Be near handicapped spaces
For full coverage details and availability, log in to Big “I” Markets and click “Commercial Lessors Risk.”