Most new U.S. businesses start at home, so there’s a good chance you have clients with a home business exposure you don't know about. Thanks to a new online submission process and online direct bill payments, submitting business with the Big "I" RLI Home Business Program is now easier than ever.
A typical homeowners policy doesn't provide adequate coverage for a home business. For example, it usually excludes coverage in the following situations:
- Someone steals business equipment from a vehicle.
- Groceries spill onto inventory in the trunk of a car.
- A power surge damages a computer or scanner.
- Someone steals a cash box.
RLI's Home Business policy can provide coverage for all these situations in more than 130 classes of business. Some coverage features include:
- Liability limits up to $1 million.
- Fulfillment of most event or tradeshow liability requirements.
- Business property protection up to $100,000.
- Option to add additional insureds.
Visit the Home Business Program online to learn more and to contact your state administrator for a login or submission instructions.