Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
None

EMC Insurance Companies Joins Trusted Choice

EMC is the Latest Trusted Choice® Company Partner



ALEXANDRIA, Va., July 17, 2007—EMC Insurance Companies, based in Des Moines, Iowa, is the newest independent agency system insurance company to join the Trusted Choice® brand movement.  EMC provides property and casualty insurance products and services throughout the United States through 21 branch and service offices strategically located throughout the country and writes reinsurance contracts worldwide. 

Trusted Choice® was launched in 2001 by the Independent Insurance Agents & Brokers of America (the Big “I”) and several independent agency companies to highlight the benefits independent agencies and brokerage firms offer consumers—choice of companies, customization of policies and advocacy support.  

“As long-term supporters of independent agents and the Big “I”, we listened when our agents and marketing staff advocated supporting the Trusted Choice® brand,” says Bruce G. Kelley, CPCU, CLU President and CEO of EMC Insurance Companies. “Joining Trusted Choice® is consistent with our continuing commitment to the independent insurance agency system, our chosen and only distribution method. The Trusted Choice® brand complements our Count on EMC brand, which denotes reliability, stability and excellent customer service.” 

“We are excited to work with EMC,” says Dave Evans, Executive Director of Trusted Choice®.  “EMC’s well known and well deserved reputation for their commitment to technology and ease of doing business with independent agents affords Trusted Choice® agents the opportunity to serve their customers’ needs.  We will work together to continue promoting choice and customization.”  

“By joining Trusted Choice®, EMC is sending a great message to their agents and policyholders—that they believe in the independent agency system, and the branding program that is helping make consumers aware of the benefits of using independent agents and brokers for their insurance decisions,” says Robert A. Rusbuldt, Big “I” CEO. 

EMC began in 1911 as an association of business people providing workers’ compensation coverage to Iowa manufacturers. For nearly 100 years, policyholders, agents and employees have come to Count on EMC for comprehensive protection, superior service and financial stability. EMC has an A- “Excellent” rating from A.M. Best Company, which recognizes the value of EMC’s agency relationships and its well-balanced book of commercial and personal lines business. Approximately 80 percent of the company’s volume is commercial lines, with the remaining 20 percent in personal lines. 

Trusted Choice® is promoted through a combination of national, state-level and local-agency advertising, promotional and marketing activities; insurance company branding; public relations campaigns; and Internet communications.  

Trusted Choice® educates consumers about the benefits of using independent agents and brokers for their insurance needs: choice of companies, customized policies and advocacy support. Trusted Choice® is the consumer marketing identity for nearly 7,200 independent insurance agencies, brokerage firms, their branch locations and 41 leading insurance companies, including EMC Insurance.  
Web addresses: www.TrustedChoice.com and www.emcinsurance.com

###

 


image 
​127 South Peyton Street
Alexandria VA 22314
​phone: 800.221.7917
fax: 703.683.7556
email: info@iiaba.net

Follow Us!

Empowering Trusted Choice®
Independent Insurance Agents.​