Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content

Autos vs. Mobile Equipment: Revisiting the 2004 CGL

An insurer insists that an ATV, just because it has to have a "recreational vehicle" registration, is considered an auto under the new CGL definition. In the subject state, ATVs are not subject to compulsory insurance and cannot be operated on a public way other than crossing from one side to the other. However, they are required to be registered as an RV through the Inland Fish & Wildlife Department. So, what is an ATV, an auto or mobile equipment and where should they be insured and covered, the BAP or CGL?

Big ‘I” members must be logged in to view all the content on this page.

​127 South Peyton Street
Alexandria VA 22314
​phone: 800.221.7917
fax: 703.683.7556

Follow Us!

Empowering Trusted Choice®
Independent Insurance Agents.​