5 Strategies for your 2019 Awards Applications
Awards application available
Young agents committees work hard throughout the year to attract and retain young professionals to the industry and association activities and each year the Big “I" national YAC recognizes committees for their outstanding efforts at the Big “I" Young Agents Leadership Institute scheduled for Sept. 13-14 in Savannah. The 2019 Outstanding YAC of the Year Awards are now available for download and the application package is designed as a roadmap to success with easy to reach best practices goals and plenty of opportunity to tell your story!
Success Strategies include:
- Start early: to truly leverage the application as a best practices tool, use the checklist throughout the year.
- Laser-focus: be strategic and choose one or two awards to focus on based on the passion of the committee. This can be especially rewarding for emerging committees.
- Create an application process: decide who will contribute, draft and review the application.
- Tell your story: don't be overwhelmed by the narrative. Share successes, strategies and what made your committee proud. Utilize testimonials and numbers to elaborate.
- Take your time: Don't wait until the last minute and have one person rush through the application.
If you haven't already, get your copy of the Guide for Starting or Revitalizing a Young Agents Committee. This tool provides best practices and proven strategies we've learned from you. To get your copy, contact Susie Bonner.