National Interstate provides coverage for motor homes, bus conversions, medium duty tow vehicles and converted medium duty tow vehicles with a value up to $1.5 million, as well as travel trailers and fifth wheels with a value of up to $150,000.
For more information on covered recreation vehicle types, including eligibility requirements for all categories, please see the Recreation Vehicle Categories Supplement in the product resources section of Big “I” Markets. All policy terms are annual unless specifically approved by the company. National Interstate does not impose minimum or maximum limits on the age of the primary driver.
Commercial usage of recreational vehicles is acceptable, with the exception of those rented or leased to others. If an insured uses the recreational vehicle for commercial purposes, he or she must purchase additional coverage to avoid the commercial usage exclusions in the standard policy. All commercial risks must be approved by National Interstate.
Premiums are based on the following:
- Age and marital status of the principle operator of the vehicle. The principal operator is the person driving the vehicle more than 50% of the time.
- State where vehicle is registered. If registration and garaging address are in different states, liability limits must at least meet the highest minimum limit required by either state. Garaging address cannot be a P.O. box unless the P.O. box is shown on the vehicle registration.
- Unless selecting Total Loss Replacement coverage, the rating basis should be the current market value of the unit, including all permanently attached equipment. Values are not adjusted at renewal unless requested. If selecting Total Loss Replacement coverage, the rating basis should be the original purchase price including sales tax.
- Driving record and auto/RV loss history over the past three years. Risks with excessive violations, accidents or claim histories are not acceptable. Please see the ineligible risks supplement located in the product resources section.
- Insurance credit scores are used in states where approved.
- Vehicle usage, whether commercial, personal or full-timers.
For full coverage details, log in to Big “I” Markets.