Cover Your Clients with Big "I" Personal Umbrella
Life can change in an instant. A personal umbrella insurance policy helps protect your clients against the unexpected events that can wreak havoc on their family, finances, and their future. The Big “I" Personal Umbrella program has the markets you need! Big “I" Personal Umbrella offers Big “I" members exclusive access to RLI's stand-alone personal umbrella. In addition, in special cases where RLI's broad coverage is not the correct fit, options are available through our alternative carrier partner, Monarch/Anderson & Murison. Read on to learn how our carrier partners can help cover your clients.
RLI's PUP stands atop the existing homeowner and auto insurance to provide an extra layer of personal liability protection for the insured and their household. With RLI's PUP program, the insured can maintain their auto or home coverage with any company they choose, provided they agree to maintain the mandatory minimum underlying coverage limits. See application for underlying coverage requirements.
The RLI PUP program can provide excellent protection for the insured and their household. The policy may be written either in the name of an individual, in the names of both spouses, or in the names of two unrelated individuals as long as they reside in the same household. The insured's spouse and members of the insureds household who are relatives or are in the insureds care and custody are insured under the policy. Features include:
Learn more about our preferred market RLI here.
- Limits up to $5M available ($1M in NM)
- Excess UM/UIM available in all states.
- The insured can keep their current homeowner/auto insurer
- New drivers accepted - no age limit on drivers
- Up to one DWI/DUI per household allowed
- Auto limits as low as 100/300/50 in certain cases
- Competitive, low premiums for increased limits of liability
- Simple, self-underwriting application that lets you know immediately if your customer is accepted
- E-signature and credit card payment options
- Immediate coverage available in all 50 states plus D.C.
When RLI is not the correct fit, Monarch offers primary and excess umbrella layers up to $10M. This product is available in all 50 States. Various billing options, including direct bill, are available. Choose from admitted and non-admitted products. Features include:
Learn more about our alternative market Monarch/A&M here.
- Minimum underlying for locations is 300K, autos 250/500/100 (including CA), or for any excess umbrella layer minimum limit is $1M
- High profile, entertainment, sports, or political figures are acceptable
- International drivers & locations may be accepted
- Additional Insureds can be included
- $2M UM is available in some states
- $25,000 ID theft available
- No MVRs required, easy process for application
- More payment options than the competition.