Most independent agents and brokers are always seeking ways to stay ahead of the competition. A sure-fire approach is to arm staff with superior training, professional accreditations and access to exclusive insurance, business and technical information.
Good news! The Big "I" Virtual University (VU) is a one-stop shop to help you with all the above—and access is free for all Big 'I" members.
Don't miss out on high-level content that can help everyone at your agency—from the frontline customer service team, to technical gurus, to those responsible for back-office perpetuation planning.
- Ask an Expert. VU faculty answer your specific questions.
- Webinars. Tune in for educational sessions on the latest and hottest topics, delivered by the experts. Up next: Is the Absolute Pollution Exclusion Really Absolute? Hint: NO!
- Research. In-depth articles on personal lines, commercial lines and life-health may sometimes be enough, but at the VU, you can access the research behind the narrative. Also peruse articles on agency management, sales and customer service.
- Talent recruitment and development resources. Visit the hiring area for sample job descriptions, posting tips, tips for creating an internship program and much more.
- VUpoint e-newsletter. This biweekly update arrives in the inboxes of insurance professionals worldwide. Opt in for free.
- Consumer articles. You'll not only find consumer-centric articles to publish on your blog, website or e-newsletter, but also rest easy knowing that with the VU, articles are always timely and accurate.
- Links to key resources. Whenever a summary isn't enough, go directly to an article's key references, whether it's a form, resource or another article
- Comprehensive commentary on key forms and endorsements. The VU shows you the forms and then explains them thoroughly.
- Certificate of insurance resource center. Get the COI facts from a frequently updated comprehensive resource that features links to every applicable state-specific statute, regulation or legal opinion.
- Perpetuation planning. Whether you're planning to sell or preparing for retirement in general, the VU provides access to expert articles that help you stake your future into solid ground.
Users must have their login and password to access the VU. Password recovery is available online. Send your questions to VU staff.