Swiss Re Program Overview
35 years, the Big "I" Professional Liability Program underwritten by
Westport Insurance Corporation, a member of Swiss Re Corporate Solutions (rated
A+ Superior by AM Best), has been the premiere choice of IIABA member agents
for insurance agents and brokers E&O insurance. We offer not just a
policy, but a comprehensive program for insurance agents. Our member agents and
brokers nationwide look to the program for stable rates and a long-term market
that they can rely on to protect their greatest assets--their businesses.
Working with our partners at Swiss Re Corporate Solutions, we have created one of the strongest coverage forms in the marketplace.
Coverage Highlights and Benefits:
A few of the coverage benefits of the Swiss Re policy:
- Coverage for the sale of both Property/Casualty and Life and Health insurance products
- Limits of liability up to $30 million
- Broad definition of covered professional services and activities
- Comprehensive definition of who is an insured
- Aggregate deductibles
- Defense cost outside the limits
- Available first dollar defense
- Full prior acts available
- No contractual liability exclusion
- Coverage for punitive damages (where available by state)
- Multiple extended reporting period options
- True worldwide protection
- Coverage for advertising, libel and slander
- Catastrophe Expense $25,000 per policy period
- Subpoena Coverage $10,000 per policy period
- 1st Party Personal Data Breach (cyber) $25,000 per policy period
- 3rd Party Personal Data Breach (cyber) $1,000,000 sublimit
- Deductible reduction up to $12,500 per claim for risk management activities
The only P/C insurance agents and brokers E&O program in the marketplace that contributes a percentage of every premium dollar to the funding of important advocacy efforts of the IIABA.
- State associations that serve to assist you should a claim arise.
- An exclusive policy form and premium credits filed on a Risk Purchasing Group basis to give Big "I" members coverage tailored to their needs.
- Competitive pricing supported by a critical mass of premium volume to maintain rate stability.
- A partner in Swiss Re Corporate Solutions, a member of the Swiss Re Group, rated A+ Superior by A.M. Best.
- Loss prevention materials to reduce the chance of a claim and improve business processes.
- E&O Risk Management website
- E&O Claims Advisor, a periodic E&O risk management newsletter available only to Swiss Re policyholders, providing valuable information to all positions in the agency.
- A Professional Liability Committee comprised of IIABA member agents to oversee and recommend enhancements to the program to meet the ever-changing needs of agents.
For more information or to request a proposal, Click here to find your state E&O program manager.