$500 Scholarships for Young Agents
The Big “I" National Young Agents Committee offers each state association two $500 scholarships to help Young Agents attend the Big “I" Legislative Conference for the first time.
- Email your completed application form to your state association by April 1, 2020.
- Applications will NOT be accepted at the national office.
- Your state association determines who receives a scholarship.
- Scholarships are paid to the order of the state association post-conference.
State Association Executives:
- By April 6, 2020, email the forms for your state's two YA scholarship recipients to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Scholarship funds will be paid to your state association post-conference.
Download 2020 Young Agent Scholarship Form
$1,000 Maurice Herndon Scholarship
The $1,000 Maurice Herndon Scholarship will be presented to ONE young agent who has not attended a National Legislative Conference in the past to help defray the costs of attending the Big "I" Legislative Conference. The Young Agent recipient will receive the scholarship check after the event. Deadline for submissions is April 1, 2020.
This scholarship was established in 2003 to honor Maurice Herndon who was named head of the Big “I" National's Washington, D.C. office in 1949. He coordinated the Big “I" state associations and built the government affairs and grassroots operations via his extensive travel, education, passion, and hard work. His impact on the industry is immeasurable and he will be remembered by the Big “I" family as a true legend.
The grassroots scholarship provides financial assistance to Big "I" members that can be used for travel and/or accommodations to participate in the national Big "I" Legislative Conference.
Scholarship recipients are typically key agent contacts, first-time attendees, young agents or individuals who have shown an extraordinary interest in the association's grassroots, political and policy initiatives. All recipients are expected to attend congressional meetings with their delegation on Wednesday, May 13th and/or Thursday, May 14th. Today, it is more important than ever for agents to be engaged in the legislative and political process. Deadline for submission is April 1, 2020.