The Big “I" Virtual University (VU) is one of the most touted member benefits. Be sure to visit and check out all the features that are available to you and everyone at your agency.
Here are 10 features in the VU you should be taking advantage of:
1) Comprehensive research library. In-depth articles on personal lines, commercial lines and life-health may sometimes be enough, but at the VU, you can also find articles on agency management topics such as sales, customer service and marketing.
2) Ask an Expert. When you can't find the answer to a question in the VU's vast research library, many of the finest minds in insurance stand ready to answer it via the Ask an Expert service.
3) Webinars. Featuring discussion and analysis of the latest and hottest industry topics, webinars are scheduled throughout the year. Don't have two hours for a webinar? The VU has you covered with informative Lightning Learning sessions, checking in at a fast and informative 20 minutes.
4) VUpoint e-newsletter. This knowledge update is distributed biweekly to more than 10,000 insurance professionals worldwide. See what was included in the latest edition or subscribe.
5) Risk & Reality reports. When you need more than a short answer or concise article, look to the Risk & Reality Reports—comprehensive, detailed and in-depth analyses of key issues.
6) Links to key resources. This page takes you directly to an article's key references, whether that's a form, a resource or another article.
7) Comprehensive commentary on key forms and endorsements. The VU doesn't just show you the forms—it explains them.
8) Ready-made consumer articles. At the VU, you'll find consumer-facing articles ready to publish in your blog or newsletter that will be supportive of your business.
9) COI resource center. Get the facts straight about certificates of insurance from a comprehensive resource area featuring the latest from the world of COIs, including links to every applicable state-specific statute, regulation or legal opinion and recorded webinar links.
10) Perpetuation planning. Whether you're nearing retirement or just testing the waters, the VU provides access to expert articles and resources to help you stake your future to solid ground.
Visit the VU today and see what you find! Send questions to VU staff.