Trucking risks are the fastest-growing segment of the commercial auto product on Big “I" Markets. Coverages available include $2-million primary liability limits, motor truck cargo and general liability, rental with downtime, non-trucking liability and hired auto.
Our A+ AM Best rated, admitted carrier can issue state and federal Department of Transportation (DOT) filings if it insures all the customer's business vehicles.
Discounts are available in most states for insureds with nine or fewer units who have primary liability coverage and agree to share driving data via their electronic logging device (ELD) vendor. The amount varies based on driving history.
Big “I" Markets can provide same-day quotes upon receipt of complete underwriting information. To receive a quote, provide completed ACORD 125, 127 and 137 applications. Note that due to a specific carrier workflow, fleet quotes of 10 or more vehicles may take up 30 days to quote and a separate application is required.
For a smooth application and quoting experience, provide:
- The DOT number
- Which state or federal filings are needed
- A copy of the customer's current general liability declaration, which is required to receive a discount
- Documentation of the year the business started to receive discounts on businesses at least three years old
- The radius of operation
- Current vehicle values, which are needed to quote comprehensive or collision coverage
- Detailed information on what is being hauled for motor cargo coverage
- If an ELD device is in use
The commercial auto program for trucking exposures is available to members in all states except Alaska, Hawaii, Michigan and Massachusetts. Review a detailed checklist of information needed to prepare a complete quote.
For more information, including available carriers, log in to Big “I" Markets and select Commercial Auto – Monoline. For additional inquiries, contact Claire McCormack or Gwen Lombardi.