Certificates of insurance. COIs. Certs.
No matter what you call them, most agents agree that receiving straightforward information and answers about COI issues can be frustrating and elusive.
But there is good news! Big “I” members can access a host of information and answers in the “Certificates of Insurance Resources” page within the Big “I” Virtual University (VU). Here, you will find an assembly of invaluable references compiled in one convenient location, including:
- Updated links to register for upcoming webinars, such as the Certificates of Insurance – 2015 Edition update webinar on Sept. 16
- Current state statutes, regulations and memorandums, searchable by state
- Comprehensive COI whitepaper, in both full and executive summary mode
- Links to VU articles on key COI topics, including:
- COI best practices
- Primary and non-contributory
- ACORD and notice of cancellation
- Indemnity agreements and agent affidavits
- Certificate costs
- ACORD 25 “Description of Operations”
- Appropriate sending protocol
- COI court cases
- COI issues and answers compiled from numerous VU “Ask the Expert” queries
These represent the growing resource of timely information actively curated by VU director Bill Wilson. Next time you find yourself staring at an outlandish or frustrating COI request or spec and have questions, visit the VU!
The VU is a member-benefit that requires login and password. If you have trouble logging in, password recovery is available online.