Life can change in an instant. A personal umbrella insurance policy helps protect your clients against unexpected events that can wreak havoc on their family, finances and future.
The Big “I" Personal Umbrella program has the markets you need! Big “I" Personal Umbrella offers Big “I" members exclusive access to RLI's stand-alone personal umbrella. In addition, in special cases where RLI's broad coverage is not the correct fit, options are available through our alternative carrier partner, Anderson & Murison.
Read on to learn how our carrier partners can help cover your clients.
Preferred Market: RLI
RLI's PUP stands atop the existing homeowners and auto policies to provide an extra layer of personal liability protection for the insured and their household. With RLI's PUP program, the insured can maintain their auto or home coverage with any company they choose, provided they agree to maintain the mandatory minimum underlying coverage limits.
The RLI PUP may be written either in the name of an individual, in the names of both spouses, or in the names of two unrelated individuals as long as they reside in the same household. The insured's spouse and members of the insured's household who are relatives or are in the insured's care and custody are insured under the policy.
- Limits up to $5 million available, with limits up to $1 million in New Mexico.
- Competitive, low premiums for increased limits of liability.
- Excess uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage available in all states.
- New drivers accepted, with no age limit on drivers.
- A simple, self-underwriting application that lets the agent know immediately if the customer is accepted.
- Immediate coverage available in all 50 states.
Alternative Market: Anderson & Murison
When RLI is not the correct fit, Anderson & Murison, which has been acquired by Monarch E&S Insurance Services, offers primary and excess umbrella layers up to $10 million.
This product is available in all 50 states. Various billing options, including direct bill, are available. Choose from admitted and non-admitted products.
- Minimum amounts underlying for locations is $300,000, autos are 250/500/100 including California, and any excess umbrella layer minimum limit is $1 million.
- High-profile, entertainment, sports or political figures are accepted.
- International drivers and locations may be accepted.
- Additional insureds can be included.
- $25,000 ID theft coverage is available.
- An easy process for application that does not require motor vehicle records (MVRs).
Learn more about these products on the Big “I" Personal Umbrella webpage.