ABOUT THE AWARDS
Each year, the Big 'I' national Young Agents Committee recognizes state young agents committees that are killing it with innovative ideas and a passion for solidifying the future of the independent agency system. Our goal is to help you as you cultivate and inspire the next generation of independent agent leaders and bring together a young agent community for sharing ideas, opportunities, and innovations with your peers.
Outstanding Young Agents Committee awards are presented in the following five categories:
- Political Involvement
- Invest Supporter
- Membership Development
- Community Service
- Young Agents Meeting
- And of course, the coveted YAC of the Year award is presented each year as well!
Your state YAC can apply in as many or as few categories as you like. At the discretion of the national YAC, Breakthrough YAC of the Year and YAC Innovator awards may also be presented.
Success comes in all sizes so whether your state young agents committee is just starting out or you have an established YAC with lots of help, we want to hear from you!
DEADLINE & DETAILS
- Deadline for submissions is June 15, 2022.
- All activities should have been conducted between May 1, 2021 and April 30, 2022.
- Email your completed application to YoungAgents@iiaba.net.
THE EVALUATION PROCESS
- Category award judges are members of the Big 'I' national staff.
- Each judge is responsible for evaluating all entries received in one award category.
- Platinum Plus level young agent sponsors are invited to judge YAC of the Year.
- The YAC of the Year recipient is ineligible to win any other awards.
- A state may win more than one category award but only one YAC of the Year will be presented.
- The national YAC may present more than one award per category based on the judging criteria.
- Award winners are announced during a reception at the annual Big 'I' Young Agents Leadership Institute (YALI).
Applications are due no later than June 15, 2022.