The Big “I" Young Agents are asking state associations, agents, companies to give back to the community the week of June 1-10 and to share their activity with national by posting on social media using #TCAgentsGive. While the GIVE movement is a weeklong, we want to see what you are doing in the community via the hashtag year-round. We are asking anyone, anywhere to give back—volunteer, host a fundraiser, be a collection site for a local charity. This movement is all about small things making a big difference.
How Do You Get Involved?
- Decide on your charity/activity.
- Use #TCAGENTSGIVE on social media and we'll like and share.
- Report your results using this form for any activity, any time!
Whether you donate funds to Make-A-Wish or a cause that's important to your team, there are easy ways to collect donations and engage neighboring companies to support your initiatives. The GIVE Movement encourages everyone to get involved including families, clients, and local businesses.
Charitable Giving Ideas
- Donations for themed virtual staff meetings (think sports jerseys and super heros, etc)
- Skip Your Coffee collection jars
- Collect soda tabs for charity
Community drop site:
- Host a canned food drive for your local food pantry
- Launch a clothing drive for a homeless shelter or for kids in need
- Collect school supplies or coats for needy kids in your community
- Collect pet food and supplies for your local animal shelter
- Volunteer at a local shelter or food bank
- Help build a home or make repairs for a community member in need
- Host a "stuff a backpack" event at your local school to collect food and school supplies
- Spend time at a local animal shelter loving on the dogs and cats up for adoption
- Visit the elderly in retirement homes
- Orchestrate a community clean-up
- Help adults get career ready through mentorship, resume writing assistance, and more
- Start a community garden or tree planting event
Are you ready to join the GIVE Movement?
- Engage staff to determine the charity and level of support your can give
- Motivate your team, share the word on social and get to collecting, sharing or volunteering
- Tell your story before during and after the event online and in social, try Facebook live, etc.
- Promote your event before during and after using #TCAGENTSGIVE
- Have fun!
- Tally the results! After the event, notify national staff of the number of volunteer hours, funds raised by completing this form!
FOLLOW & SHARE:
For questions please contact Susan Bonner, IOM, CAE (703-706-5397)
Inspired by the Young Agents Committee of the Independent Insurance Agents of Illinois
Your Community Service Matters
Give Campaign Wrap-up Video