Become a Best Practices Agency
Since 1993 the Best Practices Study has examined top performing agencies across the country. For these agencies, inclusion provides the prestigious status of "Best Practices Agency" and opens the doors to many benefits.
The purpose of the research is to compile the operating statistics of the country's leading agents and brokers. This is provides the industry benchmarks and operational information on growth, profitability, productivity and financial stability. The current release is the 2020 Best Practices Study Update, available here.
Understand the Process
- Once every three years the Big "I" requests agency nominations from state association and company partners.The next nomination cycle will be 2021. The detailed timeline is expected to be available in March 2020.
- Nominated agencies are invited to participate.
- Agencies that choose to participate submit detailed financial and operational information which is scored and ranked objectively. Responses to management and industry-related questions also requested with data.The nominated agencies must submit their data by a shared deadline.
- The top agencies in the six revenue categories are included, notified and deemed "Best Practices Agencies." Participants will be selected and notified.
- The Best Practices Agency names will be announced to the industry in September of the cycle year. Congratulations to our 2020 Agencies.
- The Study results are released annually and the current cycle includes 2019, 2020 and 2021 reports.
- To retain status, each agency must submit year-end results annually. There is no other commitment.
Be Ready To Participate
Reap the Benefits
- Network with the best in the industry with an exclusive Invitation to the Best Practices Symposium. The 2023 date and location TBA.
- Benefit from national exposure through ads in trade publications
- Receive a wall plaque and color copy of the media ad indicating your agency with "Best Practices Agency" status
- Utilize the provided media kit to announce status to clients, carriers, community, including a "Best Practices Agency" logo
- All agencies that are nominated and submit their agency data receive an Agency Performance Analysis from Reagan Consulting valued at $495 even if they do not make the Best Practices Agency status.
Thank you to the company partners
whose funding helps support the study annual research and
the Best Practices Gateway.
Best Practices Agents Share Their Insight: