Become a Best Practices Agency
Since 1993 the Best Practices Study has examined top performing agencies across the country. For these agencies, inclusion provides the prestigious status of "Best Practices Agency" and opens the doors to many benefits.
The purpose of the research is to compile the operating statistics of the country's leading agents and brokers. This is provides the industry benchmarks and operational information on growth, profitability, productivity and financial stability. The current release is the 2019 Best Practices Study Update, available here.
Understand the Process
- Once every three years the Big "I" requests agency nominations from state association and company partners.
- Nominated agencies will be invited to participate in March 2019.
- Agencies that choose to participate submit detailed financial and operational information which is scored and ranked objectively. Responses to management and industry-related questions also requested with data. The invitations will go out to those nominated in March 2019. The nominated agencies must submit their data by mid-April 2019.
- The top agencies in the six revenue categories are included, notified and deemed "Best Practices Agencies." Participants will be selected and notified in June 2019.
- The Best Practices Agency names will be announced to the industry in September 2019. Congratulations to our 2019 Agencies.
- The Study results are released annually and the next cycle will include 2019, 2020 and 2021 reports.
- To retain status, each agency must submit year-end results annually. There is no other commitment.
Be Ready To Participate
Reap the Benefits
- Network with the best in the industry with an exclusive Invitation to the Best Practices Symposium to be held January 2020 in New Orleans, Louisiana.
- Benefit from national exposure through ads in trade publications
- Receive a wall plaque and color copy of the media ad indicating your agency with "Best Practices Agency" status
- Utilize the provided media kit to announce status to clients, carriers, community, including a "Best Practices Agency" logo
- All agencies that are nominated and submit their agency data receive an Agency Performance Analysis from Reagan Consulting valued at $495 even if they do not make the Best Practices Agency status.
Thank you to the company partners
whose funding helps support the study annual research and
the Best Practices Gateway.
Best Practices Agents Share Their Insight: